Everywhere I look there are countdowns to Christmas and the big question is asked: are you ready?
Well I have to laugh at that question this year since this entire Christmas is wrapped in newness for me. Having never owned a business during this exciting season, every day brings a change that challenges my "readiness".
But one thing I don't want to lose at Christmas time is my peace, because it is so contrary to why Jesus was born in that manger.
So while I wrap gifts at home, bake for family and friends, plan my Christmas day menu, unpack boxes at the store or plan my music list for Christmas Eve Service, peace is at the forefront my mind and it's the pursuit of my heart.
Here are five songs I'm listening to this Christmas that cultivates peace in my pursuit of all things "calm and quiet". I hope they bring a stillness to your spirit as you go about the holidays.
You can click on the photos below to listen to each song!
1. O Come Let Us Adore Him - "We have Saviour" Hillsong Christmas Album
This is my most favourite version of this song and the new chorus they add to the song inspires divine focus.
2. Emmanuel (God With Us Forever) - Brian & Katie Torwalt Christmas
3. Seasons - The Peace Project, Hillsong Christmas Album
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Rascal Flatts "Unwrapped" Christmas Album. Our family really enjoys singing loudly together for this one! It made one particular drive home from the city a lot more bearable!
5. Silent Night/Saviour King - The Peace Project, Hillsong Christmas Album
Have a peace-filled remainder of your Christmas season, filled with the wonder and awe of the hope that it represents.